Monday 9 July 2012

Eating Rainbows

Image from Pinterest
I love baking! I dont do it as often as I'd like but when I do, I feel zen-like and happy. Another thing that I love, is colour. You can imagine my excitement when I found a cool cupcake technique that turns your cake/cupcakes into colourful rainbows of delicious-ness.

All you do is separate your cake mix (Vanilla of course) into separate bowls, add food colouring and layer the colours before you put them in the oven.

I tried it for a picnic I went to last weekend and here's how they turned out!
My cupcakes with butter cream icing and edible glitter!


I didn't realise how thin the layers need to be so I only ended up with 2 colours per cupcake. Just as an FYI, keep the layers thin by using a tea-spoon to fill your cupcake holders.




Pink and Green
Blue and Green
You can view my pinterest boards for more ideas :)

Is this something you would try?

Miss Claira-Bella

Xoxo

P.S. This can totally work for cakes as well, just 
make your layers thicker :)

5 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS!!!! Thank you for my baby girl's next birthday party theme - Rainbow Brite :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would so have this for my birthday as well *Embarrassed* Hahaha! Glad I could help

      Delete

Comment Here :)