Friday 31 August 2012

In my sample basket - Bee Natural

This week I have been using my Bee Natural's Rehydrating Face Balm sample, which I received in one of my Sample boxes. Here is what I thought about it :)

I haven't been using this on my face because I am testing all kinds of products on my face at the moment and thought it would be too much for my skin, to add another. I have been using this as a lip balm instead and let me tell you, I am impressed!

"Bee Natural's Rich Rehydrating Face Balm is the ultimate natural skin care product to use for nourishing, moisturizing and rejuvinating facial skin. The unique combination of beeswax, raw honey, propolis, pollen, retinol, collagen, elastin, Q10, jojoba and avocado oil rapidly penetrate the skin - expect a visible difference after first application! The balm also contains a plan based SPF 15 thus providing safe and natural protection from UV rays." Source
Full size RSP R89.90 for 30ml

What I loved

-It doesn't smell or taste funny. I have found a lot of natural products don't have a pleasant scent and natural lip balms usually taste bitter. This face balm has a waxy scent but it's not overpowering and with the honey ingredient, it doesn't have a bitter taste (Reminder: I'm not eating the face balm, lol, I'm using it as a lip balm and that's why I tasted it).
-It's so smooth and doesn't have a sticky texture. The wax to honey ratio is perfect. It goes on my skin so easily and it feels amazingly 'soft' and lightweight.
-It helped clear red patches that I had. After this horrid winter dryness (as well as being on roaccutane), my lips had many red patches where my skin had peeled off and bled. After using this balm on my lips, the red patches have completely disappeared. *Life saver*
-It has an SPF 15. It might not be the highest sun protectant factor but if you're looking for a light protection from the harsh UV rays, this is it. (Great to wear under you makeup everyday)

What I disliked

The only problem I found was that it was difficult to get out of my sample pot. The wax was hard from the cold but I quickly came up with a solution. I just held the sample pot in my hand for a 1-2 minutes and it was way easier to get out. It might not be as easy in a full size container.


Overall, I would say I am developing a little crush on this brand.
I have my eye on the Lip balms (Between R7-R13 each) on their website (there are so many) and I also have my eye on their Eczema balm (R55) as my mom suffers from terrible eczema.

Check out this great review that Chicara from Lipgloss Kisses did a few weeks ago.
Visit Bee Natural's website and Online store.

Your thoughts?

Miss Claira-Bella

Xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here :)