Wednesday 10 October 2012

Breast Cancer Awareness, Nail Art

Here is a cute nail art design that you can pull off in support of Breast Cancer Awareness Month (October).

Many ladies find water marbling quite daunting because it looks pretty tricky but trust me ladies, it is the easiest way to get pretty designs on your nails. I prefer water marbling over many other forms of applying nail art.

As always, I will refer you to my water marble guru, Simple Little Pleasures on YouTube. She has the most amazing tutorials (over 80 different ones) on everything water marble related.

Here are the steps I took, for each "dipping":
*Start off with a light base coat*
1. Tape your finger with celotape
2. Build your bulls eye with as many colours as you like (repeat)
3. Dip your fingers in with your nail facing the water.
4. Remove tape and clean up with nail polish remover and a cotton bud.

Pinky and Ring fingers


Middle and Index fingers

Thumbs


A few quick tips when water marbling:
*I highly recommend using celotape to tape the area around your nail. It makes cleaning much easier. Click here for a tutorial on how to tape your nails properply before water marbling.
*Have a paper towel/old rag near by, where you can wipe excess nail polish off your toothpick or orange stick because it gets quite messy.
This is what you'll need your rag/ paper towels for.
*It is very important that your nail polishes and water are the same temperature. I suggest taking your nail polishes and water, putting them in the same room 1 hour before you water marble your nails, so that the nail polish spreads nicely when you build your bulls eye.

I had a few empty patches where there wasn't any swirls so I took a dotting tool and added other decor. You could do the same.


And I think that's it! If you have any questions don't hesitate to comment below, ask me on Twitter or send me a message on Facebook.

I will hopefully have time to do a video tutorial for you soon.

Let me know if you try this nail art design. Click here for a previous water marble design I tried on my nails.

Miss Claira-Bella

Xoxo

7 comments:

  1. Love this! You make it all look so easy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I'll do a video tutorial just for you ;)

      Delete
  2. My first try with this was a disaster. Second attempt went well. This is easy to do for beginners. Love the colours! Most of my nail polishes are Tip Top, I still need to try the other brands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is seems so hard to do. But I really appreciate the wonderful design that you made. My cancer alternative treatment friends liked it too. Thanks a lot for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here :)