Wednesday 3 October 2012

Rimmel's Rock Royalty

Here is a review on the first Rimmel polish that I tried, from my Rimmel Hamper and it's called Rock Royalty.

My Rock Royalty swatches on day 1 and day 5
Rimmel has made two major claims with this nail polish that I disagree with.

#1 Being the "One second application" claim. Yes, the brush is much thicker and the bristles are curved, but it's still not thick enough to be able to cover your whole nail with one stripe (unless you're my 10 year old sister) and definitely does not take 1 second to apply! I find the thick brush a bit too bulky which makes the curved bristles useless. I still had a lot of blotches around my cuticle area, that I had to neaten up with a cotton bud.

#2 "It dries in 60 seconds"...I don't think so! I applied one coat to my nails and I had to wait at least 3min before I could lightly touch the surface. It took another 20 minutes before I could really apply any pressure and it not leave any fingerprints or nicks.

Besides the beautiful blue-metallic colour, I didn't find that this was a spectacular nail polish. As you can see in the picture above, the polish did chip quite a bit. If you buy this polish, I suggest applying a top coat to seal the it properly*. Overall I don't think much of this polish but would definitely wear it to certain occasions or to match my outfit :)

*Keep in mind that darker polishes will always look worse than lighter colours, when they chip or crack.

Miss Claira-Bella

Xoxo


2 comments:

  1. I prefer their lycra nail polishes - they last better than these 60 seconds ones. The colour does look great against your skin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of their lycra polish that I still need to try. Thanks for the heads up :)

      Delete

Comment Here :)