Tuesday, 13 November 2012

In my sample basket: Palmers Cocoa Butter Formula

This week I took the time out to enjoy Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E which I use as a hand and elbow lotion.

"Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Body Lotion, made with pure Cocoa Butter, enriched with Vitamin E, in a soothing emollient base, heals and softens rough, dry skin, smoothes marks and tones skin. An excellent all-over-the-body moisturizer and after tanning butter. Also available in a fragrance free formula." Source

For some reason I thought this was a South African manufactured product, possibly because of it's "cheaper" packaging but it is actually manufactured in the USA. *FYI*

What I loved

My number one love is the scent! It smells just like when you bake a chocolate cake and me being an avid baker, I just cant stop sniffing myself after applying this lotion. It really moisturises my skin and I can see the benefits of the vitamin E because my skin looks luscious and is a lot plumper. 

It also claims to help sooth marks which, I assume means scars and other pigmentation but I haven't really applied it to any problem areas so I will have to test that another time.

I love the consistency of the lotion. It isn't watery but it isn't too thick which makes it the perfect lotion for both Winter and Summer. 

What I disliked

This specific product from Palmer's does contain parabens and with my "paraben research", I am not a huge fan of the ingredient.

I have heard tons of great things about the Cocoa Butter Formula for stretch marks which was specifically designed for pregnant ladies. I am keen to try it out one day for my pregnancy stretch marks or even if I start working out, to tone skin.
Cocoa Butter Formula for Stretch Marks
Overall I think this would be something I could invest in during winter, just because they come in rather large sizes and they are quite affordable.

I think you can get Palmer's at most 'Drug stores' like Clicks, Dischem, Pick'nPay and other Pharmacies. I am not sure about the prices but I do remember them being really affordable.

Have you tried this well known lotion?

Miss Claira-Bella

Xoxo