Friday 1 February 2013

Live healthy: Homemade Banana Shake

Here is a healthy snack that I have been loving lately. A banana shake is the perfect thing to drink when you are craving any bad foods or you're looking for a yummy drink. 

I start off by adding 1 cup of low fat or skim milk (you can use soy milk as well). I then chop and add 2 banana's and a small amount of vanilla essence. Banana's are generally really sweet so there is no need to add sugar or sweeteners. Mix everything in a blender until its creamy and smooth. I topped mine off with a tiny amount of white chocolate (cheating, I know) but I don't do this everyday. 

Yummy!
Another ingredient you can add, if you're a gym junkie, is protein powder. It'll taste extra yummy and will help build muscle.

I make this shake as soon as I get home from work because its too early to eat dinner but it has been a long while since lunch time. It curbs any cravings and is quite filling. You can also add meal replacement shakes to the ingredients above if you are using this as a meal.

I am looking experimenting with other shakes but for now this is my go to live healthy snack.

Follow me on Twitter and Like my Facebook page for more live healthy posts. you can also subscribe via email in the to right corner of this page.

Any recommended recipes?

Miss Claira-Bella

Xoxo

2 comments:

Comment Here :)