Tuesday 20 August 2013

Batiste Dry Shampoo Review

The Batiste brand was not news to my ears when I received an invite to review their dry shampoo. It is the most loved dry shampoo and I am constantly hearing great things on Facebook and Twitter about it. The lovely Danielle (follow her uber cute doggies on Instagram here) sent me a bottle of Batiste dry shampoo to test out and let you ladies know how I enjoyed using it.
My Bottle of Batiste Dry Shampoo in "fruity and cheeky cherry". Oh and yes, that is matching nail art ;)
Let me just say that my past experiences with dry shampoo have been horrific! I once tried to spruce up my hair for my boyfriend's graduation ceremony, with a can of Lee Stafford dry shampoo and it was disastrous. White patches of powder on my black dress which made me look like I had just changed a homeless baby's nappy on the side of the street. So embarrassing.

This put a huge mental block in my mind and fueled my reluctancy to purchase and use dry shampoo in the future. Seeing as the Batiste brand was so highly spoken of I decided to give it a try. 
She's looking quite sassy in number 3!
If you aren't too sure what a dry shampoo is, it's pretty much a powdered formula in a aerosol can that you spray onto your roots to soak up oil and provide a boost of body to otherwise "lifeless" hair. I know in the olden days they took baby powder which gave a similar effect but that goodness for technological advances because that just sounds messy.

My experience with Batiste? Pretty frikin painless and rather enjoyable!

The instructions were easy to follow there was zero white powder residue (unlike the other brands I have tested) and it really did give my hair a boost of freshness and tons of body. The scent wasn't quite like cherries but it did smell nice. I am also crazy about the design of each can. So much so that I did a matching nail art design which I will be posting in a different post.

I am so happy that this brand has changed my mind about dry shampoo's because they are incredibly handy to have. Please note that dry shampoo's are a temporary fix and you should still wash your hair regularly. 

Thanks once again to Danielle for this fantastic product! Please also keep an eye out for my nail art design inspired by this can which I will post to my blog soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here :)